July/August 2020 edition: Brilliant Birds
Our summer double issue, ‘Brilliant Birds’, explores the amazing avians of our world!
Meet the world’s fastest flyer, the peregrine falcon. Discover fantastic flightless birds with awesome ratite adaptations. Look at some EGG-straordinary birds’ eggs, and unveil a cunning trick of the cuckoo... Finally, find out just how weird some birds can be!
This summer edition is packed with fun activities and quizzes. Take our ‘Which Bird Are You?’ test to find out which bird you’re most like. Create your own great horned owl mask and conduct a bouncy egg experiment!
- A Letter from a Peregrine Falcon – The fastest bird in the sky
- Brilliant Birds – Explore the beauty of birds
- Charlie Meets a Sword-Billed Hummingbird – a very fast bird with a very long bill!
- Egg-Cellent Eggs! – Amy investigates
- The World’s Most Endangered Birds – Endangered Creature Feature
- Winged Weirdness – Simon investigates
- Rhyming Bird Riddles ... Can you guess these animals?
- Which Bird Are You? – Take Simon's test
- Archaeopteryx, The Early Bird – Amelia the Fox comic strip
- National Birds of the World – Illustrated Poster
- Eco Kids Quiz Planet – Games, puzzles and jokes
- Over to You – Your letters and creations
- Make Your Own Nature Frame – Enjoy this month's nature project
- The Mad Science Lab – Bouncy egg experiment
- Become a Bird Photographer – Enter this month's competition
- MAGAZINE EXTRAS: Great horned owl mask
- MAGAZINES EXTRAS: Two wildlife posters
- MAGAZINE EXTRAS: Wildlife newsletter