Small pine cones
Thin card (a flattened cereal box works well)
Paint in three shades of green
A paintbrush Red bells, beads or buttons
Green pipe cleaners
Ribbon or yarn for hanging
Strong glue, such as PVA
A small plate and cup
A sharp pencil
A small piece of Blu Tack
1. Place a small plate on to a piece of card and draw around it to make a circle. Place a cup in the middle of the circle and draw around it. Cut the shapes out to make a ring.
2. Find out how many pine cones you will need by placing them on the ring until it is covered. We used 28.
3. Help the pine cones to sit straight by snapping off the small stems underneath and, if you have some sandpaper, try sanding the bottom of each cone to make it flatter.
4. Divide your pine cones into three groups and paint each group a different shade of green. Paint the cardboard ring and leave everything to dry.
5. Coat the surface of the ring in a fairly thick layer of PVA glue. Place the pine cones next to each other on the gluey surface, as snugly as possible. Leave overnight to dry.
6. Thread a red bell, bead or button on to a pipe cleaner and twist the ends.
7. Find a space between the pine cones and make a small hole in the ring by pushing a sharp pencil through the cardboard into a piece of Blu Tack. Push the pipe cleaner through the hole, bend it over at the back and secure with some tape. We chose to have three bells but you can add as many as you like.
8. Finally, tie on a loop of festive ribbon so you can hang your wreath.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Natures Rhyming Riddle Thank you to all the budding poets who entered our Nature Riddle competition. We have lots of fun solving your enigmatic rhymes. Some were easy to guess, while others were, indeed, like nature’s greatest mysteries! Congratulations to our five lucky winners! Emilia, age 7, Dund...
Christmas is an exciting time! Children eagerly wait to see what surprises are waiting for them under the tree. Families bond over homemade food and board games. We pull crackers, tell jokes, watch films together and enjoy our new gifts. We understand why finding the perfect gift is important to y...